Information about Leninskiy municipal district of Minsk
Leninsky district as an administrative and territorial unit of the city of Minsk was founded by the decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Council of the BSSR, dated 17 April 1951 due to downsizing of Stalin, Voroshilov and kaganovichsky districts districts and named after V.I.Lenin.
But the count of its existence, it started much earlier. The date of birth of the district can rightly be attributed to the appearance of the Minsk district «Serebryanka», which used to be called a Railway settlement.
The birth of the region is connected with the building of two railroads - Moscow-Brest and Lubavo - Romny. They were constructed in 1871-1873, in the South-Eastern outskirts of Minsk. Then and gave current name of the district river «Serebryanka», which flew in Svisloch. In the 19th century the area was called beautiful - Silver Mill - and served as a place of rest of the townspeople. On the place of Plekhanov street was ravine with the name «Silver Log». Gradually, from a recreational district turned into a major business centre. Large factories and plants, workshops, warehouses, passenger and freight trains gave the area image of a business capitalist city. Among them: iron casting plant «Energy» (RUPE «MZOR»), 2 yeast-distillery plants (one of them - JSC «Yeast plant»).
At the moment, the district education area was 1601 ha. According to the census in 1959 on the territory of the region lived 65 thousand inhabitants, operated 10 schools, 2 of them are incomplete secondary and 8 secondary schools. (Total number of students 8914 persons), 3 school of working youth, 2 kindergartens for 125 seats and a creche 45 seats.
There were 13 medical institutions, 1275 beds.
The present borders of the district exists since 1977.
After 60 years, the district occupies an area of over 2.6 thousand hectares, including 423,8 thousand hectares of green areas and trees, the Park of a name of Grekova, Alexander, and the Mikhailovsky gardens, Loshitsa horticulture, 93 hectares of area is water area. The main thoroughfare of the district is the avenues of Independence, Partisan and Rokossovsky street Marx, Engels, Mayakovsky, Plekhanov, Yakubova, Malinina, Sverdlov and Yanka Kupala. The district has 1354 houses of them 673 residential house is a private households placed on the territories of individual housing construction. In a basis of architectural-planning structure of the area is based on the principle objects of cultural and community appointment concentrated in the centres, forming around itself a residential building. Schools, kindergartens, sport facilities are located in the green areas between residential complexes. The fifth part of the territory of Leninsky district is occupied by parks, public gardens, boulevards, artificial and natural reservoirs.
Conditionally Leninsky district can be divided into 5 parts, each of which has its own peculiarities. The Central part of the district - historical center of the capital, where are concentrated the institutions of culture of the Republic, ministries and departments, and other important governmental and administrative buildings, numerous monuments of history and culture. This part can rightly be called a business and cultural part of the district. Here are concentrated many architectural monuments etc. Independence, Ul. K. Marx, Engels street, street of Kirov, street Y. Kupala, Ul. Volodarskogo Ul. October and others. The area has a large transport and pedestrian load. District «Motovelo» is not only the «industrial zone», but also a significant part of the residential sector. Built most of them fall on the 50-ies. Microdistrict along the streets of Mayakovsky - Denisovskaja currently gets its modern appearance by compacted development. In the district of «Serebryanka» provides a major part of the housing stock of the whole of Leninsky district. Has a good infrastructure. Microdistrict «Loshitsa» district of new buildings, where housing has now outpaced the development of infrastructure. On the basis of the draft detailed planning of residential area «Loshitsa» in the community center of the district are planned: a cultural and entertainment centre (library, cinemas, and video halls, objects of public catering and entertainment center with dancing-halls, sports and entertainment function and objects of public catering, swimming pool and in the district of «Loshitsa-3».
A considerable part of the territory of the district belongs to the historical city centre where the greatest architectural monuments. This Independence Avenue, and the Karl-Marx, Engels, Kirov, Yanka Kupala, Volodarskogo, Oktyabrskaya and other 107 buildings included in the State list of historical and cultural values of the Republic of Belarus. In the building of the Minsk municipal theatre held the Second Congress of the armies on the Western front and the First all-Byelorussian Congress of Soviets. In the building Podgornaya street (now St. K. Marx) in March 1917, was organized militia of Minsk, headed by M. Century Frunze. Never forget the glorious heroic past. There are monuments F. E. Dzerzhinsky (1954), S. I. Gritsevets (1955), young partisans brothers Senko (1973). The city says the names of its streets. In the names of avenues and streets of the names of politicians and scientists, the heroes of the great Patriotic war, workers of culture and art. Along with Belarusians immortalized the memory of representatives of other nationalities, who fought for liberation of our Republic from the German fascist invaders: Sverdlov, Soudmalis, Rybalko, Rokossovskogo, Serafimovich, Shpilevsky, Kaganets, Spill and Many other famous people lived on the territory of the district. Today, their names are immortalized in the names of streets: Kupala, A. Proushinski, Semenova, Chizhevskih.
On the territory of the district are situated in the Park. Grekova, Alexander and Mikhailovskiy gardens and many others. Mikhailovsky square with a sculpture «the Girl with an umbrella», «Smoking» and «the Stranger», «the Lady on the bench» (the author of the sculpture - Vladimir Zhbanov. Central (Alexandrovsky) square is located in the centre of the city, limited by streets Engels, Marx, Krasnoarmeyskaya and the prospectus of F. Skaryna. Area 2.4 hectares In 1890 in the square constructed the building of the Minsk municipal theatre (now the theater named after Yanka Kupala). In 1970, the square was reconstructed (architect. Y. Grigoriev), has been landscaped and made flower beds, lawns. Loshitsa estate and Park complex is the historical and cultural area of the second half of the XVIII - beginning of XX centuries and is registered in State list of monuments of city-planning and architecture. Its area is 102,3 hectares, The complex is a unique place which has preserved traces of all eras of landscape art in history of Belarus. There are more than 36 thousand trees, 16 000 shrubs, are the ruins of which are more valuable than any of modernity. Three historic buildings in Loshitsa Park are monuments of industrial architecture of the XIX century. Manor-Park complex has reached us in the form of how it was formed by E.Luban. In the future within the industrial Park will host the 4-star hotel.
01.02.2013 population was 215000 people, or 11.5% of the number of inhabitants, Minsk. Among the districts of the city by population Leninsky district occupies the fourth place.
The industrial potential of the district is represented by 456 enterprises, 23 of them being officially recorded enterprises that produce 15.1% of the total volume of industrial production in the city of Minsk. Widely known not only in Republic, but also abroad are the following enterprises: «Minskenergo», RUE «Minsk Kristall», «Kommunarka», JSC «Elema», Nov Fidmash, «Motovelo», JSC «MZOR» - managing company «Belstankoinstrument», JSC «Yeast plant», IUPP «ASSET SHOES».
In the Leninsky district operate 4753 legal entities, of which 42% is the share of trade (2014 entities), 9% - in the processing industry (446), are registered in the district 316 organizations, including with foreign investments 50 economic entities.
The main task of development, Minsk is its transformation into a modern European city. Leninsky district administration takes measures on increasing the level and quality of life of the inhabitants of Minsk on the basis of increase of competitiveness of economy, the growth of monetary income and efforts for a comfortable stay residents and guests of the capital.
The capital's consumer market today to focus on ensuring full demand of various categories of the population for high-quality products of wide assortment of mostly domestic production at a high level of availability of goods and services, creation of shops» walking distance».
Retail trading chain of Leninski district presents: 257 stores sales area 64,9 thousand sq. m, of them :126 food, 131 non-food, 5 markets.
The education system of the Leninsky district presents 80 educational institutions, 3 of them - highest, 2-secondary schools (study of more than 22 thousand students), 27 - secondary education (more than 18,000 students), 48 institutions of preschool education. In addition, the center of additional education of children and youth «Mayak», a sports center for children and youth of Leninskiy district, socio-pedagogical educational institution «Children's town», a socio-pedagogical center with an orphanage, a center of correction-developing training and rehabilitation. Educational process is carried out by 3485 teacher.
The health system of the district includes 13 institutions, of them 6 urban adult polyclinics, 1 city children's polyclinic, 3 dental clinics. One of the oldest clinics of the city - 3-th city hospital named after Y.V. Клумова - takes pride of place in a number of leading ophthalmologic centers of the Republic. After modernization opened UZ «14th city dental policlinic and the bonds of «2nd clinical hospital equipped with modern medical equipment.
In the district there are 25 cultural institutions. Of them: 4 museums of Republican significance, 4 theatres of Republican significance, 3 cinemas, 6 libraries, 2 children's musical and 2 art schools, 4 club institutions enterprises. In a district operates 88 creative collectives, which is engaged in 1751 people, including 1179 - children's, youth - 522, other age categories - 50. 18 collectives have the title «national», «exemplary». In the district there are 120 material immovable historical and cultural values, included into the State list of historical and cultural values of Belarus, 74 plaques, 7 memorial signs, 11 monuments and 2 mass graves.
The population of the district is in most adherents to the Orthodox confession. Only on territory of district operates 8 religious communities. Conflicts on inter-confessional, inter-ethnic level are absent.
Physical culture and sports were an integral part of life of inhabitants of the area, which contributes to a modern sports and health-improving base.
The territory of the Lenin district has more than 300 sports facilities. The largest of them: «Dynamo» stadium SE «Aqua-Minsk, educational and sports complex «University», stadium BSTU, pool «Wave», RCCP chess and checkers other.
Leninsky district famous for its heroes. Special respect in the region are veterans. The total number of veterans of the great Patriotic war - 1103 person. Live on its territory: 4 Hero of Socialist labor, 1 full cavalier of the order of Glory, 519 disabled persons and participants of great Patriotic war, 25 people were awarded with the medal «For defense of Leningrad» and the badge «Resident of blockaded Leningrad», 367 prisoners of concentration camps and other places of detention. Disabled veterans of the great Patriotic war are sent for training in medico - psychological rehabilitation and improvement in the rehabilitation centre «Eleos» religious community «the Parish in honor of All Saints in Minsk of the Minsk Eparchy of the Belarusian Orthodox Church» at the expense of means of the city budget.
In the area of interaction with public formations. Especially close cooperation is established with district organizations «Belaya Rus», LROO «BRYU». Registered regional public structures - 26. Are public Association «Belarusian women's Union», «Belarusian peace Foundation, public Association «Belarusian Republican youth Union, Belarusian Union of officers», regional organization of veterans, trade unions, collegial organs of territorial public self-government (CTE), tips points of public order. In the area of the Coordinating Council of public associations of political parties, which coordinates the work on attraction of the public to participate in socio-economic life of the district.